Project Management Assistant (25560)
Are you an experienced Project Management Assistant / Senior Project Coordinator with a high degree of diligence, professionalism and a keen eye for detail? If so, this role may be for you. The main purpose of the job is to be the Programme Manager’s trusted partner in delivering complex and high value projects, resulting in exceptional innovation and client satisfaction.
In this busy and demanding role, you will become a member of an established and experienced global programme management team, responsible for the delivery of a wide range of exciting projects. The role of Project Management Assistant is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual and is intrinsic to the successful delivery of the overall programme.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Liaise with the project team, clients and suppliers to arrange meetings and chase actions
- Plan and monitor project schedules and resources
- Track project costs vs budget and progress against baseline and forecast
- Liaise with management to deliver appropriate resources based on the needs of the project
- Take a leading role in the creation and maintenance of project documentation, ensuring compliance with development processes, regulatory requirements and client needs
- Manage project invoice and payment schedules
- As a pivotal member of the project management team, you will have an understanding of all facets of the project. Including; attending and taking minutes at technical project meetings – internal and client facing, issue logging and tracking, and the preparation of weekly progress reports for clients
This role may require a limited amount of travel but is primarily based within the Cambridge (UK) office.
- Have significant experience of working in a similar role within a project delivery environment
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of project management principles
- Have previous experience of working with financial systems, reporting tools and the application of a budget tracking system
- Have a high level of numeracy, literacy and be able to generate high quality reporting
- Possess an advanced knowledge of MS tools, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- Be comfortable in liaising with members of staff of all levels of seniority, both internally and in a client-facing environment
Experience in writing / maintaining the following would be advantageous: quality plans, risk registers, actions registers, H&S risk assessments, project instructions, and project progress reports.
The role is subject to SC vetting.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.