Senior Mechanical Engineer (25564)
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join a start-up at an exciting point in their growth. Whilst just a handful of people today they plan to double in size of the next few months. Their intention is to hold video interviews while the UK has travel restrictions in place.
Previous experience of motorised mechanisms and the selection of appropriate electric motors is fundamental to this role. Further to that knowledge of drive mechanics would be a bonus.
They recruit the best engineers demonstrated by excellent grades and a top engineering degree from a well-known and respected university. During your career so far you will have gained experience in most of the following:
- Excellent knowledge of mechatronic design techniques
- Experience of developing consumer/industrial products
- A working knowledge of SolidWorks and creating drawings
- Previous experience in the design and build of prototypes
- Experience of motor selection and drive design
- Good working knowledge of DFMEA, hazard analysis and other risk management
- A good understanding of complex electrical and mechanical interaction
You could rapidly develop your career along with this dynamic young company who have exciting growth plans. This position would suit someone who understands the trade-off between risk and reward and is excited by a start-up opportunity. Stock options would be on offer for the right candidate.
Keywords: mechanical engineering, CAD, prototypes, production, DfM, design for manufacturing, electromechanical systems, consumer products, Hertfordshire
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.