Software Developer (TypeScript / Node.js) (25572)
Established as a technology driven disruptor, this growing company has garnered positive attention in the scientific sector. Their Open Source based platform facilitates faster transactional operations for the user, while their overall aim is to quicken a traditionally lengthy auditing process.
As the company looks to develop further tools, they seek an experienced Software Developer to build on the existing TypeScript and Node.js codebase (including automation, monitoring, architecture and testing). The role sits within the development team - using TDD / BDD, continuous delivery, collaborating with DevOps technologies for optimal deployment on the cloud.
- You’ll care about software systems and modern development (more than computer systems and computer science theory), and unsurprisingly your demonstrable experience will count more than your academic history.
- You will have worked on distributed systems in Node.js, and you’ll be familiar with the latest developments in the Node.js community.
- You will be very familiar with React (or similar frameworks).
- You will be a strong advocate of Open Source development, and may be a contributor on Open Source projects.
- Any additional experience with: Express, Terraform, Kubernetes, Helm, Postgres, Elasticsearch, Docker, Vagrant, Selenium, Mocha, BigQuery and Webpack would be beneficial (although more important is your approach to Open Source languages, infrastructure design, automation, relational databases, integration and testing, and monitoring).
The company are based in employee-centric comfort offices including the use of stand-up desks, and other workplaces. They support careers and take great care to provide an environment for personal and professional development. They offer good remunerations and a relaxed approach to work.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.