Business Development Manager (25578)
An excellent opportunity has arisen to lead an innovative and energetic team of highly skilled people as this company explores the consumer healthcare sector. In this position of Business Development Manager, you will be challenged to scope out the varied sector, which could include anything from diagnostic systems to skin care applications, to novel fluid dispensing systems, and then identify and implement the best strategy for the company.
The Business Development Manager will be pitching and negotiating contracts with new clients, planning marketing strategies and events, and will be responsible for the development and delivery of new products from developing the initial idea, through prototyping and into transfer to production.
You will be working in a fun and challenging environment with like-minded and enthusiastic specialists in their chosen field of technology, as well as with other Business Development Managers, responsible for other sectors. Together you will form and present projects to clients and help develop the overall plans for the business as a whole.
You will be expected to have the following skills and experience for this role:
- Previous proven success in a business development capacity within the consumer healthcare sector, showing experience of creating and developing desirable new products that deliver healthcare benefits to customers
- Good knowledge of technical areas such as software, mechanical design, electronics and/or physics, and how they are related to products
- Experience working with or for professional technical consulting companies
- An excellent academic history including a well-placed degree (2.1 or above) in a technical or scientific subject, along with top grades at A-level
If you also have the following that would particularly help your application:
- Experience working on connected systems, particularly for monitoring physiological signals, and an understanding of related regulated apps
- Experience in account management and contract negotiation
Our client is one of the most respected and versatile consultancies in the country and works hard to ensure their staff thrive in a fast-paced and inspiring environment.
Keywords: Business development, consumer healthcare products, technical consultancy, management
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.