Scientific Software Developer (25593)
Drive the creation of the software and infrastructure for next-generation DNA sequencing with this promising and well-funded startup, supporting biomedical R&D and product development. Work with a skilled, cross-discipline team of scientists, who are bringing together expertise from computing, bioinformatics, molecular biology and chemistry.
This impressive and well-funded group is poised to revolutionise healthcare, as the exclusive pioneer of a unique new approach in DNA sequencing. This is a potentially “breakthrough” technology which will change the healthcare landscape and can significantly cut the time it takes to provide medical care to those who most need it. It’s also fresh and challenging work in which the right people can break new ground.
This is a collaborative role for a scientific software developer. Working closely with colleagues with expertise in bioinformatics and statistical genetics, you’ll be building out scalable systems to handle substantial data volumes. Robust, fully tested data pipelines are required, and these may need to provide secure APIs for access by external partners.
- A good degree in a relevant subject from a top university, and strong A-level grades; a PhD is optional
- Commercial experience in professional scientific software development (though strong CVs with academic experience at reputable institutions will still be reviewed by ECM)
- Experience working alongside colleagues from a variety of disciplines; you’ll be happy to collaborate with scientists
- A comprehensive knowledge of modern software best practice, as at top commercial companies: source control, CI / CD, automated testing
- An appreciation of agile approaches (short sprints, hard problems first, always a working build)
Given those prerequisites, the following areas are of additional interest: data pipeline development for next generation sequencing i.e. NGS, epigenetics, genomics, leadership and line management.
Full UK work permission (without time limit, restriction or sponsorship) and UK residence are required.
Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or if you’re already registered with us, recommend a friend at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.