Linux SysAdmin Engineer (Remote / Anywhere) (25605)
Join the expanding sysadmin team in a global consultancy working to bring together their clients and the Open Source community.
Our client is seeking a dynamic Linux System Administration (SysAdmin) Engineer with a passion for free software administration. You will be working purely remotely in this role.
They are looking for a dynamic person to join the system administration team, supporting their Debian-based IT environment. Your skills will be fully utilised to develop our client’s IT infrastructure and services as demanded by a growing organisation.
The team has a variety of responsibilities and is looking for someone with experience in a number of the following areas:
- Running Linux servers and services
- Managing servers using Chef, Puppet or cfengine
- Docker containers
- Virtual Machine infrastructure, eg oVirt, libvirt, kvm
- Hardware troubleshooting
- Infrastructure management tools, eg Foreman, Kubernetes, Openstack
- Cloud / Hybrid infrastructure deployment and operation
- Scripting / automation, eg Shell, Python, Ansible
- Architecting, building and operating new services from the ground up
- General networking - VPN, WiFi, VLANs, Firewalls, DHCP, DNS
- Server and client collaboration tools - Email, Calendaring, File sharing, Git, ticketing systems
- Working in an ISO-9001 and ISO-27001 environment
- Supporting a highly distributed customer base across multiple timezones
- CI, Agile, DevOps, Infrastructure as Code
Contact ECM directly now to get the best chance of securing an interview. We know what our clients REALLY look for and can help you tailor your CV. We will get your CV into the right hands and help from initial interview through to offer stage.
Keywords: Linux System Administration Engineer, SysAdmin, open source software, free/libre open-source software, FLOSS, distributed teams, remote working, Linux servers, Chef, Puppet, cfengine, Docker containers, virtual machines, oVirt, libvirt, kvm, troubleshooting, infrastructure management, Foreman, Kubernetes, Openstack, Cloud, scripting, shell, Python, Ansible, networking, VPN, WiFi, VLANs, Firewalls, DHCP, DNS, ISO9001, ISO27001, distributed customer base, multiple timezones. Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.