Research Engineer - Mathematical optimisation in Java (25665)
We are looking for an exceptional combination of mathematical ability coupled with an aptitude for creating industrial-strength Java code to turn your insights into a commercial tool.
Our client are a small but successful company offering specialist problem solving services to key international industries. By applying specialised optimisation techniques to multifactorial logistics problems, this company helps large businesses make huge savings in money and environmental impact.
You will need:
- A 1st or 2.1 degree from a top university in Mathematics or closely related subject.
- A strong mathematical understanding of combinatoric optimisation techniques, acquired either through a PhD or through commercial work.
- Experience of commercial software engineering practises
- Excellent coding skills preferably in Java, or perhaps a related language such as C++ or C# together with a proven aptitude in picking up new languages.
- Full existing right to work in the UK without time-limit or sponsorship
A GitHub (or similar) link to your coding projects may help your application.
This is a great chance to exercise your mathematics and coding talents to create clever solutions to challenging real-world problems.
You would be joining a small and friendly organisation in a profitable and rapidly expanding market sector. They are based in a prestigious London location close to transport links. Interviews and initial work will be conducted remotely due to the COVID19 restrictions but remote working will also be considered for the longer term.
Keywords: Maths, London, Mathematical Optimisation, Java, C++, C#, Maths PhD
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company. Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.