Scientific Laboratory Manager (25683)
Based in Cambridge, this start-up company has secured investment which funds their growth plans. This has led to recruitment during the lockdown period, and plans to relocate to new facilities.
They currently are looking for an experienced Laboratory Manager to take a lead role in setting up and maintaining a bespoke scientific facility, working closely with the technical team to ensure smooth operations and assist in the development of core technologies. Key duties will include: Organisation, running and maintenance of the lab facilities; Implementing and adhering to H&S procedures; Relevant documentation; Laboratory inductions; Overseeing lab supplies and negotiating with suppliers. Further, there is an expectation that some development work and data analysis would be performed.
- Degree qualified in biochemistry or similar.
- Demonstrable experience as a Laboratory Manager (ideally within a commercial environment).
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Familiar with H&S within a laboratory setting.
- Experience working in a quality assured environment. Exposure to medical device standards would be of interest.
- Experience conducting molecular biology experiments and analysing relevant data.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join this growing company as they look to develop technologies in high-precision genetic diagnostics. As well as working with enthused colleagues on interesting applied projects, there's an excellent remuneration package.
Key Words: Molecular Biology / Biochemistry / Genetics, Lab Management, Quality Assurance
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.