Senior Software Engineer - Modern C++ / Team Lead (25696)
This early-stage company is developing breakthrough signal processing algorithms which will revolutionise a wide range of consumer devices as well as directly improve quality of life for many. As their technology matures they are working on home-grown products and proof-of-concept demos for external partners.
An opportunity has arisen for an Experienced C++ Engineer to join and lead their software team. Development platforms may range from microcontrollers and single-board computers through to distributed systems. As well as managing projects and providing day-to-day technical leadership and oversight of software quality, you would be a hands-on engineer working actively on new features and products.
You will need
- A top engineering degree from a well-known and respected university
- Excellent coding experience in C++ (11 or newer)
- Substantial commercial software engineering experience including: developing for Linux, embedded systems, and perhaps mobile platforms; proficiency with multithreaded and multiprocessor systems, and familiarity with version control and task-tracking systems.
- A track record of technical and team leadership, and mentoring less experienced team members.
- Full right to work in the UK without restriction, time limit, or sponsorship.
This role is an excellent choice for an Experienced C++ Engineer looking to progress their career by leading a development team in a new and energetic company. Interviewing and initial working will be remote and so you must be comfortable getting up to speed and integrating with new colleagues whilst working from home. In the longer term the company plan to offer the option to remote work for part of the week.
They are based in modern offices in a convenient Cambridge location and offer a competitive salary and the great prospects for career advancement as the company grows.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Keywords: C++ 11 onwards, Embedded, Team Lead, Signal Processing, Consumer Devices, Cambridge, Start-up
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.