Laboratory Manager - Genetics Lab (25697)
This Cambridge based company is enabling access to the highest precision diagnostics, allowing rapid, broad adoption of their assays in testing labs around the world, providing a step change in patient care. They have developed a molecular diagnostic assay, enabling the rapid, ultra-sensitive detection of genetic targets against a background of healthy DNA, with vastly improved specificity over PCR-based techniques. Using standard instrumentation present in clinical laboratories around the world, they are working to realise better targeting of cancer therapies, routine monitoring of patients and early detection of disease.
Our client is expanding its technical team and relocating to new facilities on the Cambridge Science Park. To this end, they are seeking an experienced Laboratory Manager who will be able to assist setting up the new biomolecular lab and who will play a key role in developing and maintaining their facilities and capabilities in the future. The Laboratory Manager will also be asked to work alongside their scientific development team to ensure efficient, smooth operations and to assist in the development of new products and core technologies.
As Laboratory Manager your work will include:
- Everyday organisation, running and maintenance of our laboratory facilities
- Managing and ensuring adherence to H&S procedures, including performing laboratory and H&S inductions for new staff members
- Assisting in the writing and maintenance of SOPs and Risk Assessments
- Carrying out scientific development work and data analysis
- Maintaining laboratory consumable inventories and negotiating supply agreements with key suppliers
You would be expected to have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a Laboratory Manager role, showing excellent organisational and communication skills
- Experience in managing Health & Safety in a laboratory environment and working in a quality assured environment
- A degree level qualification in molecular biology/biochemistry or a related discipline would be preferable but in this case, relevant experience is more important
You must also have full right to work in the UK without time limit or need for sponsorship.
Keywords: Laboratory Management, biomolecular, assay development, biology, biochemistry, technician, installation, health and safety.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.