Software Architect C++ (25740)
This successful and financially secure company is looking for a progressive-thinking Software Architect to join their team developing complex software for numerical physics. You will work with the simulations team, a group of dedicated theoretical physicists and computational scientists who are developing transformational technology to push the boundaries of fusion power generation.
The Software Architect will bring a proven track record in software design within a complex scientific application area, and expert level of C++ knowledge. This is a senior role, involving leading a team of numerical software developers, bringing the responsibilities of planning and executing software projects using best practice.
- Degree in Computer Science, Physics, Maths or similar from a well-ranked university with significant industry experience
- Demonstrable experience in software architectural design for distributed high-performance computing platforms
- Excellent C++ is a must
- Software development within a physics application area
- Experience in developing high quality software and enthusiasm for continual improvement
- Team player who collaborates well with software developers
This company offers a friendly working environment near Oxford. There is an excellent salary and benefits package on offer with flexibility around working hours, share options and free lunches.
Keywords: Numerical physics, Software architect, C++, Python, Computational modelling, HPC, Oxford
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.