Data Scientist - Team Lead (25741)
This role brings a superb opportunity to apply your expertise in data science and machine learning to optimisation and modelling within a deep physics application. This is a new role where you will be ‘in at the start’, devising how new data science and machine learning techniques will be used to contribute to addressing novel physics challenges.
This is a senior position, where you will have existing experience in machine learning and data science, with the confidence to formulate new plans and ideas and lead a small team.
To contribute successfully to this highly-motivated team, you will have the following attributes:
- PhD level physics, maths, engineering or computer science together with a good first degree from a top-ranked world-class university
- Broad knowledge of data science techniques and machine learning technologies with proven ability to design and implement data science research
- Fluent Python
- Knowledge of physics and the desire to work in a physics-orientated environment
- Enthusiasm and desire to work in a dynamic real-world team environment
- Excellent communication skills with evidence of taking the initiative
This dynamic company is well-funded and offers a friendly working environment close to Oxford. In return, you will receive a competitive salary with excellent benefits and work with a talented team of physicists and engineers on cutting-edge development.
This role is subject to vetting procedures similar to security clearance.
Keywords: Machine learning, data science, computational physics, simulation, optimisation, numerical modelling, PhD, Oxford.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.