Diagnostics Product Scientist (25751)
This Diagnostics Product Scientist will be a core team member working to develop and commercialise cutting-edge platforms for molecular diagnostics. This is a hands-on role, spanning all stages of the technology development, from assay design to experimental validation studies.
The successful Diagnostics Scientist will already have commercial success in the development of diagnostic assays, using their hands-on lab based work to show proof-of-principles, demonstrate prototype capabilities and devise practical engineering solutions. This new role will also afford the opportunity to work closely with clients, contributing to exciting technology advances and producing solutions to complex challenges that are easy to manufacture.
- Excellent academic background in biochemistry or molecular biology
- Significant industry experience in developing nucleic acid or amino acid based molecular diagnostic assays. This could include RT-PCR, digital PCR, qPCR and ELISA
- Understanding of molecular diagnostics within a clinical environment
- Knowledge of regulated development processes for medical devices such as ISO13485 / ISO17025
- Strong communication skills
This is an excellent role for an applied scientist to work on interesting projects in a fast, dynamic environment. In return, a competitive salary with excellent benefits is on offer, as well as the opportunity to work on technology with the potential to make a real-world impact.
Keywords: Assay Development, Molecular Diagnostics, Medical Devices, qPCR, RT-PCR, ELISA, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.