Cell Biology Scientist (Applied Technologies) (25753)
Are you detail oriented? Do you understand how to follow complex scientific protocols in cell biology? Do you have the hands-on lab skills to nurture cellular tools? Would you like to develop applied diagnostics for drug design and other scientific applications?
We are looking for a pro-active Cell Biology Scientist to join a multidisciplinary-industry team with a mission to develop hardware instruments for complex cell analysis, and apply their technology for clinical approaches, therapies and other innovations. In this role, the Cell Biology Scientist will work closely with end users to pilot procedures and translate them into well-defined workflows.
- Strong academic background including 1st / 2.1 in biochemistry or similar from a top ranked university AND a PhD in cell biology.
- Lead scientific projects, and experience in self-directing work.
- Extensive lab experience with general cell / tissue culture protocols (up to cat. Level 2).
- Experience with cell line model development including optimisation of cell culturing conditions.
- Experience with 3D cultures (spheroids or organoids)
- Additional experience with: molecular biology (qPCR, single cell sequencing); immuno-oncology; or testing of biologic drugs on cells would be desirable.
- Experience with fluorescence-based assays or high-throughput sequencing would be beneficial.
This is a collaborative team, and so it is expected that applicants have strong communication skills. In return, as well as working with like-minded people, an excellent remuneration package is available.
Keywords: Tissue Culture, 3D Models, Development Cell Lines / Optimisation, Sequencing, High-throughput
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.