Experienced All-Round Software Engineer (25755)
This fast-moving company has an international outlook and operates in a range of markets where their highly adaptable technology can provide an elegant solution for complicated user problems. This would be an exciting time to join as they seek to expand their range of activities to new markets, including into the medical device sphere so this role represents an excellent chance to gain experience in this field. The technologies in use range from user interface design with front end web technologies through to back-end and embedded development with Node.js, C or C++.
You would be involved in all stages of product development, from agreeing requirements and concepts with product management and sometimes clients, through to software design, development, test, and transition to manufacturing where you would liaise with production and support teams.
You will need:
- A 1st or 2:1 degree in Computer Science or another applicable subject from a good university
- Substantial commercial experience in designing and developing software for Linux, Windows, and ideally embedded platforms.
- Demonstrably strong coding in C and C++, and knowledge of the Qt Framework.
- Software design/architectural experience
- A good understanding of networking protocols
- GUI development with front end web technologies and Node.js coding skills are highly desirable.
- Unconditional right to work in the UK without restriction or time limit
The role is office-based and may occasionally call for limited travel within the UK and overseas. Their comfortable and spacious offices are pleasantly located, close to Cambridge, and provide a collaborative, hands-on, and fast-paced work environment.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Keywords: C, C++, Qt, networking protocols, Embedded, TCP/IP, Networking, Linux, Windows.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.