Lead Scientific Software Developer (25761)
This well-funded company is developing game-changing technology which will speed up the monitoring and diagnosis of cancer patients, significantly improving their outcomes. They seek a scientific software developer to work as part of their scientific and computing teams and take a lead role in developing the software infrastructure to handle large data volumes. This will initially involve R&D data pipelines, subsequently using clinical data.
This exciting scientific software developer position provides the opportunity to take a leading role in creating novel systems that aim to contribute to people’s health and well-being, and work with a highly-motivated team of molecular biologists, chemists and bioinformatics experts.
- A good degree in a software or science subject from a top university with strong A-level grades; a PhD is also of interest
- Experience in professional scientific software development
- Expertise in relevant programming languages; preferably Python but experience with other languages, such as C# or Java, is of interest
- Evidence of collaborating with scientist colleagues
- Excellent knowledge of modern software best practice: source control, CI / CD, automated testing, Agile principles
- Working within a QMS
Full UK work permission (without time limit, restriction or sponsorship) and UK residence are required.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.