FPGA Engineer (25764)
This is a striking opportunity for an FPGA Engineer to make a major impact on this start-up's success.
They are utilising the raw high frequency signal from a MEMS device to model physical, electrical and gravitational information. Your broad electronics knowledge will be of great benefit to this outstanding team. The company has started field trials but there is still significant design work to complete.
As an FPGA Engineer with an excellent technical degree from a world-leading university, you will also be able to offer commercial experience in the following areas:
- Familiarity with VHDL and/or Verilog
- Experience in DSP design for FPGA
- Understanding of mixed-signal and FPGA based digital PLLs
- Exposure to SoC / FPGA designs working alongside an embedded team
- Strong optimisation skills for FPGA systems and modules
- Design experience of low-noise electronics design, assembly, packaging and test
In addition any of the following would be beneficial:
- Understanding of high-temperature environment effects on electronics design
- Any experience working with MEMS devices
- Code development for interfacing embedded systems
- PCB prototyping and debugging (preferably Altium)
This is an excellent opening to work in a small company based in an office complex with good shared facilities. They are well-funded from several sources and share options are being offered.
Keywords: FPGA, VHDL, Verilog, mixed-signal, PLL, Signal processing, DSP, MEMS, 10 MHz, hardware interfacing, frequency analysis, high temperature electronics, start-up, gyroscopes, accelerometers, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.