Experienced Product Designer (25773)
This leading Cambridge-based company work on a variety of medical device projects using their recognised technical scientific and engineering experience. They seek a versatile and experienced Senior Product Designer with the technical authority and knowledge to work on a variety of different projects understanding the fundamental technology as well having the natural flair to create ergonomic and user-friendly products.
Taking an active role from the project concept stage, the Senior Product Designer will work with customers to realise what is required, champion these ideas, and coordinate / liaise with other stakeholders (R&D teams, engineering) to visualise solutions. Ultimately, you will take a leading role in producing well-thought out technical systems that are fit-for-purpose.
- Top class academics (typically 1st / 2.1 in Industrial / Product Design, Mechanical Engineering or similar) with a portfolio to demonstrate your new product development work.
- Extensive commercial experience in high technology product design through product development processes.
- Good understanding of mechanical engineering and able to produce solutions for complex problems.
- Experience in using 3D-CAD tools; design for plastic injection moulding is of particular interest.
- Experience using methodologies for user-centred design and human factors.
- Appreciation of design trends.
Your communication skills will be excellent across all levels of an organisation and you will enjoy the commercial aspects of a role.
This company has a positive and friendly working ethos which enables all employees to feel a valuable part of the company. As well as working with bright peers, the successful candidate will be rewarded with an excellent remuneration package including a range of benefits (including relocation expenses where appropriate).
Keywords: Industrial Design, Mechanical, High-tech Product Design, Concept Design, CAD, Plastics, Creative, User Experience, Medical Devices, Cambridge.
If this sounds like you, get in touch with ECM Selection – whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone, and we may have other ideas to suggest to you too.