Media Pipeline / Codec Developer (25782)
Join a distributed Linux development team working on low level software in the area of video, audio and multimedia. Their work includes media processing pipelines and advanced audio and video codecs. They are seeking a developer with expertise in this area.
You will bring:
- Significant C and C++ software development skills with OOAD.
- An understanding of popular Linux audio/video frameworks and tools such as Phonon, GStreamer and VLC.
- Knowledge of codec development, as applicable to popular open source Linux audio/video codecs such as VP9 and Xiph as well as proprietory codecs for Linux such as MPEG.
- Knowledge of relevant real-time streaming protocols such as HLS, MPEG-DASH, RTP / RTSP.
- Some interest in open source software development, ideally including past contributions.
The team is distributed, and hence this role is fully remote. It is also full time. Salary depends on relevant experience and expertise.
Candidates seeking a role of greater responsibility in this area, and commensurate remuneration, will likely demonstrate proportionally greater evidence of past contributions to open source.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Keywords: Multimedia, media, audio, video, framework, container, codec, streaming, Linux, C, C++, open-source, remote working.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.