Principal Electronics Engineer (25793)
This is a striking opportunity for a highly talented engineer to steer away from management responsibilities and remain purely technical. As the Principal Electronics Engineer you will drive the architectural design and utilise your depth of knowledge and skill to help the team avoid all those design pitfalls. High speed digital systems will be second nature to you.
This start-up is embarking on a redesign of their product having proved the concept over the last few years. They have a ready market keen to make the considerable power savings this concept will bring.
As a Principal Electronics Engineer with an excellent technical degree, you will also be able to offer broad skills in the following areas:
- Excellent knowledge of interfacing to ARM, Intel or AMD processors (32/64bit CPUs)
- Good working knowledge of network technology
- Creating board level designs, schematic capture (Cadence) and an understanding of PCB layout
- Familiarity with high-speed interfaces (e.g. USB3, PCI Express, 10G Ethernet)
- A good understanding of power and signal integrity analysis and related tools
- Exposure to compliance testing experience (FCC, CE, UL)
- Hardware board bring up and fault-finding at system level
- Design for manufacturing and design for test
You will join a small team of friendly, dedicated engineers working in a modern, welcoming work environment. This is an excellent opening to work in a small company based in Cambridge with good facilities close to their office.
Apply now or alternatively contact us to find out about other vacancies in this expanding team.
Keywords: Principal Electronics Engineer, Senior Electronics Engineer, Hardware Engineer, server class systems, high-speed application processors, multiple high-speed interfaces, FPGA, DfM, DfT, JTAG, Cambridge.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.