Linux Tools Developer, Open Source (25798)
Join a distributed global team of Linux open source developers, and focus on developing and enhancing their tools. Working with members of the engineering, delivery, systems and operations teams, you will enhance internal tools used across the organisation.
Your CV will show you are:
- A skilled Python developer conversant with RESTful API development
- Very familiar with Docker, containers, and modern deployment approaches
- Very familiar with build and test systems, continuous integration and continuous delivery, GitHub and/or GitLab, hooks, triggers
- Skilled with SQL and ideally NoSQL databases; queries, schema design and performance profiling
- Proficient in English (written and spoken, technical and conversational)
- Keen to work remotely as part of a globally distributed team
Your CV will show your experience with, and suitability for a role involving, work on developer and company tools spanning these areas.
The typical candidate will be UK based, with a good technical degree (1st or 2:1) from a top university, and strong A-level grades.
Ideally you will also have experience of open source software (ideally as a contributor, or otherwise as an enthusiastic user). Any Go, Rust, Ruby (and Rails), PHP experience you have is also welcome.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.