Product Manager (25800)
This electronics company continues to expand its products with increasing complexity. In order to manage the direction of the engineering teams and diversifying product range they seek an extra Product Manager. You will be a true evangelist with sufficient experience to bring a different direction to those already fulfilling this requirement.
In this position you will be a key member of the Engineering department since it is important to this client you remain close to R&D working alongside them in an Agile manner. As part of a very bright mixed discipline R&D group, you will need a strong technical background to command the respect of this team – you must be able to “talk technical” as you’re dealing with smart people who will respect your first-hand knowledge of their job. You will be diplomatic, pragmatic, relaxed, competent, and a real problem solver for your team.
In summary your qualities as a Product Manager are:
- Able to formulate a product vision and strategy in line with the goals of the business
- Demonstrable commercial success with high value products
- Naturally initiate change quickly with common acceptance
- Encourage continuous innovation and rapid prototyping with customer validation
- Define an overall structure and practice for portfolio management
- Be process oriented when assessing key trends and evaluating competitors
- Hands on with the detail in product management tasks
An excellent opportunity to join award-winning Cambridge company creating new IP and developing their own products with the enjoyable technical challenges that come with streaming High Definition video.
Keywords: Product Manager, Agile, Distributed Systems, Network Comms, TCP/IP, Web Technologies, Multimedia, Audio, Video, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.