Process Technician (25801)
A Process Technician is wanted by our client to support and deliver novel micro- and nano-devices. This is based in purpose built microfabrication labs / cleanroom and requires high quality, self-driven work using state-of-the-art equipment and processes.
Our client develops novel micron-scaled devices across a range of industrial applications – intersecting fluidics, sensing, printing, optics and electronics. This Process Technician role is to join the microfabrication team, who work on high-tech and high-value specialist semiconductor equipment and processes. This is a hands-on role which is predominately cleanroom based. You will be somebody with excellent communication skills who will enjoy working closely with scientist and engineer colleagues.
- Degree or HND qualified in a relevant area (physics, materials, chemistry or electronics)
- Existing industrial experience working in cleanrooms delivering high quality work
- Process knowledge in areas including photolithography, wet / dry etching, metal evaporation / sputtering, bonding, embossing, wafer dicing and chip testing
- Experience in metrology including specialist microscopes, surface profilers and ellipsometers.
- Ability to maintain lab equipment and organise service contracts
- Thorough understanding of creating and following health and safety procedures
As well as providing a stimulating and creative environment, the client offers an excellent salary with commensurate benefits.
Keywords: Physics, Chemistry, Electronics, Materials, Lithography, Etching, Sputtering, PDMS, SEM, EDX, Metrology, Ellipsometer, Wafer Dicing, Cleanroom, Microfabrication, Nanofabrication, COSHH, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.