Rust Software Engineer (25808)
This global company leverages open-source technology to solve client problems across a range of application areas including graphics, kernel development, and networking.
With many projects demanding a high degree of reliability and efficiency, they are keen to take advantages of the capabilities of the Rust programming language. They are therefore seeking a highly capable Rust Software Engineer to join their team. Responsibilities would include championing Rust adoption and best practice, tutoring colleagues, and using your programming expertise to create Rust software and to assist clients in successfully applying Rust to their own projects
This role offers full home working, though you may need to travel internationally on occasion in your mission to promote the Rust language.
The typical candidate will be UK-based, with a good technical degree (1st or 2:1) from a good university, strong A-level grades, and the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent programming skills in Rust plus a deep technical understanding of the language
- Strong software engineering expertise including an excellent grasp of open-source software development practices and tools
- Good communications skills and the ability to enthuse others
- Ability to work with geographically distributed colleagues and clients
- A good degree in Computer Science or similarly applicable subject from a good university.
Send your CV to ECM Selection to find out more; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or if you're already registered with us, recommend a friend for £250 at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Keywords: Rust, Open Source, work-from-home, remote, client-facing
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.