Firmware Engineer (25812)
An outstanding opportunity in video algorithm development right through to debugging on an FPGA. You will need to be a bright individual able to handle the mathematics behind some of their algorithms. But also very hands-on in debugging at the hardware level having transposed the design to an FPGA.
As a Firmware Engineer to gain your place in this well respected high-tech company you must have:
- An excellent academic background with a 2.1 or 1st from a well-ranked university in a technical subject (computer science, maths, engineering, physics)
- Thorough knowledge of C and/or C++
- Exposure to the design and programming of FPGAs
- Strong mathematical skills suitable for algorithm development
- Knowledge of scripting (e.g. Python)
- An interest in video technology
Combine the above with the following desirables for the perfect match:
- An understanding of signal processing
- Mathematical modelling of DSP systems in C++
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a company created by engineers who hire, inspire and develop the very best people in the industry. This role has the diversity of one phase working at low level code, whilst your next phase could be modelling a highly complex algorithm.
Keywords: C, C++, embedded, SoC development, firmware, FPGA, DSP, modelling, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.