FPGA Engineer (25833)
This is a superb role for an ambitious Senior VHDL / FPGA Engineer to contribute to product development within a small team. There is also an opportunity to step up to the position of FPGA Team Lead. You will be involved in the complete life cycle of products, working with software, firmware and hardware team members.
Would you relish the opportunity to join a small, successful and fast-growing Cambridge company involved in the design and development of complex hardware and software? The technical challenges include high speed data handling similar to that required for streaming high definition video.
This role will suit a bright and enthusiastic engineer with an excellent technical degree, in addition to a very strong skill set including:
- Good understanding of VHDL together with experience of using ModelSim simulator and Altera Quartus toolset
- Awareness of latest FPGA technologies including SoC and high speed digital communications features
- Sufficient exposure to schematics and component specifications in order to design FPGA based systems
- Familiarity with designing Control Systems, Signal Processing algorithms and Datapath Control
- Strong embedded C and/or C++ development knowledge
Excellent prospects await the right candidate in a permanent role in an exciting start-up style environment. It is a supportive and good team environment. In addition to a competitive salary, the role offers an attractive benefits package.
Keywords: Senior VHDL / FPGA Engineer, Firmware, Altera, C, C++, Cambridge.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.