Experimental Physicist (25838)
Are you a Physicist with some understanding of analogue output from sensors such as MEMS devices?
In this role you will apply experimental techniques to exercise a MEMS device to model physical, electrical and gravitational information. You will be supported by electronics engineers while you design and execute experiments for the characterisation and calibration of the sensor.
Along with your own excellent Physics degree from a world-leading university, you will also possess a PhD or equivalent experience. Overall you will be able to demonstrate you have the following skills:
- Able to design and build experimental apparatus for precision instrumentation
- Knowledge of sensor physics errors including noise, stability, and drift
- A reasonable understanding of basic electronics
- Modelling and data analysis to recover analytical trends from experimental datasets
- Software skills sufficient for creating automated experiments
- Ability to present your finding successfully
This is an excellent opening to work in a small company based in an office complex with good shared facilities. They are well-funded from several sources including a major player in the oil industry and share options are being offered.
Keywords: Experimental Physics, Precision Instrumentation, MEMS, Frequency Analysis, Noise, Analogue. Sensors, Gyroscopes, Accelerometers, Start-up, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.