Cell Biologist (25846)
Are you an ambitious Cell Biologist looking to work in a multidisciplinary environment, eager to make your mark on the industry?
This is an opportunity to collaborate within a team of highly skilled scientists, engineers and designers, to develop disruptive technologies for some of the world’s most respected companies in the Biotechnology and Life Science industries. Our client has headed-up the successful development and commercialisation of ground-breaking products in regenerative medicine, cell and gene therapy and bioprocessing. They are now looking for a Cell Biologist with a keen interest in developing new tools, methodologies, and technologies for cell and tissue related applications.
In this role, you will use your technical expertise in cell biology, immunology and process development. You will have the chance to demonstrate your scientific leadership skills, taking on project leadership responsibilities. Representing the company to external stakeholders will be an important part of your role, where you will identify commercial opportunities and enable technologies that contribute to the growth of the business. A background of transferring technology from R&D through to clinical trials would be useful.
The following knowledge and experience will be needed to succeed in this role:
- An excellent academic record with an undergraduate degree in cell biology, immunology, or a related discipline, and an experimental PhD
- Commercially relevant experience in cell/gene therapy or regenerative medicine in a GMP, GCLP, GxP environment
- Experience in up- and downstream cell bioprocessing (e.g. isolation of primary cells, sterility testing and other relevant aspects)
- Experience of applying the regulatory requirements to biological product manufacturing
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to collaborate within and across multidisciplinary teams
As an ideal candidate, you would also have the following:
- Knowledge of 3D cell culture, culture on scaffolds, biomaterials, as well as complex gene editing technologies such as CRISPR CAS, Base- or Prime-editing
- Good knowledge of cancer biology
- Immunology experience or stem cell experience e.g. creation of iPSCs, differentiation of MSCs and stem cell fate
Full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship will also be required.
Keywords: Cell/Gene Therapy, Cancer Biology, Cell Bioprocessing, Biology, Immunology
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.