Linux Build Systems Developer (25848)
This is a key role with a successful early-stage company, and a great opportunity to grow your career as the team grows. They are now looking to further expand the capabilities of their high-performance home networking software, and your skills and experience could be central to bringing these plans to fruition. You will enjoy a high degree of creative ownership and responsibility from an early stage and have the opportunity to research future technologies and features, and the business opportunities these may open up.
You will need:
- A good Software Engineering, Electronics or similar degree from a well-respected university.
- Demonstrably excellent C coding skills.
- A solid understanding of networking protocols.
- Experience in developing for embedded Linux to the extent that you are happy customising and building a distribution (Gentoo, OpenWRT, Yocto and Buildroot would be appropriate).
- A can-do attitude and the willingness and confidence to tackle any task that comes your way would also be essential.
Your key attribute will be your ability to produce well-designed, rugged, and maintainable code, so we would like to see samples please. A link to your GitHub or similar repository would be ideal. Contributions to an Open-Source project or hobby project would be good too.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Keywords: C, Embedded Linux, build systems (e.g. OpenWRT, Yocto, Buildroot), networking, Cambridge.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.