Head of Biology (25850)
This early-stage scientific tech company is putting together key members of its core team and seeks a Head of Biology to lead and manage its scientific group. Their work is central to the products and technologies they are developing in the application area of cell analysis for drug discovery and medical biotech.
The Head of Biology role reports directly to the Executive Management team, and will provide expert insight for project direction, team management and growth. Further, the role will work closely with industry and academic partners to optimise workflows.
- Strong academic background in biochemistry, cell biology or similar. High expectation that applicants have a relevant PhD and may have academic postdoc experience.
- Industry experience and demonstrable understanding of the rigours and issues that arise in building innovative technology platforms including leadership and management.
- Strong understanding of cell biology analysis through microfluidic based instrumentation.
- Excellent communication skills - may have experience in business development.
- Exposure to relevant quality controls, standards and assurances would be desirable.
This is an excellent opportunity to join this growing company whilst it is still young, and take a key role in its trajectory and market direction. In return, an excellent remuneration package is available.
Keywords: High-throughput, Screening, Instrumentation, Cell Biology, Pharma, Biotech, Medical Applications, Team Lead, Management
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.