Mathematical Engineer (25883)
Your outstanding ability to solve real world problems with mathematical techniques is required. In this position you will utilise your algorithm development skills in creating subsystems to be incorporated into ASICs and FPGAs.
As a Mathematical Engineer, to gain your place in this well respected high-tech company you must have:
- An excellent academic background with a 2.1 or 1st from a well-ranked university in a technical subject (either maths or high mathematical content)
- Thorough knowledge of C and/or C++
- Exposure to the design and programming of FPGAs
- Some exposure to algorithm development
- Knowledge of scripting (e.g. Python)
- An interest in video technology
Combine the above with the following desirables for the perfect match:
- An understanding of signal processing
- Mathematical modelling of DSP systems in C++
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a company created by engineers who hire, inspire and develop the very best people in the industry. This role has the diversity of one phase working at low level code, whilst your next phase could be modelling a highly complex algorithm.
Keywords: Maths, Algorithms, C, C++, embedded, SoC development, firmware, ASIC, FPGA, DSP, modelling, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.