Senior Software Engineer, Python (25894)
Join a team of enthusiastic Python developers, working on advanced software which communicates with complex instruments. Python tools provide much needed analytical data, help put these systems through their paces, and exercise hardware, assisting future product development.
Your CV will show your:
- Excellent Python development skills, especially for substantial applications.
- A focus on Python code quality and good engineering practice, both yours and others'.
- C literacy. Minimally you need to be able to read C code. Ideally, you could add robust Python interface support to existing C code (CPython, Python.h) and marshal data between the two.
- Appreciation of machine representation of data types (e.g. bitness, endianness) in Python / other languages.
- Good academic background, including a numerate 1st or 2:1 at bachelor's level and strong A levels.
If you've an interest in programming languages and automation, there is the opportunity to be involved in the ongoing development of a bespoke DSL. This may lead to cross discipline work with other software, electronic and mechanical engineers.
Other areas of interest include data acquisition and analysis, networking, UI or app development, electronics, engineering mathematics and safety-critical systems and standards.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. If you're already registered with us, recommend a friend for £250.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.