Lead Software Engineer (25902)
Based at their new offices close to Reading, this scientific engineering company is expanding and keen to hire a number of people to help them tackle intrinsically difficult problems. Their key philosophy is one based on collaborative brain power - meshing traditional engineering in electronics and software with cutting edge knowledge in physics and deep technology.
To join them as their Lead Software Engineer, you'll be inquisitive by nature - have the traditional background in software, engineering or physics but have taken on different roles as a Software Developer in your career. You'll be at a point where your seniority within a company has given you the responsibility to technically lead projects and line manage a small team whilst still enjoy coding when possible. You possibly are just looking for a new challenge, but more than likely just want to work on really interesting technology.
- Degree in computer science, electronics, or physics (and possibly a PhD holder).
- Extensive experience working in software development including (most recently) leading development teams and technical projects.
- Hands on experience with C++ and / or Python for hardware related projects or within a deep tech area.
- Solid understanding of Agile processes and software development methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to convey complex descriptions to both technical and lay audiences.
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment and understand how members of a team can complement each other.
This is an excellent opportunity to join this culturally supportive company who embrace diversity and champion group efforts. As a start-up, they are keen to hire people who want to grow with the company, and learn from others in this multidisciplinary team.
Keywords: Project Management, Line Management, Software Development, Deep Tech, Hardware, Engineering, Electronics, Cloud Platforms, Diversity
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.