Senior FPGA Engineer (25905)
A senior FPGA engineer is sought to join a innovative hardware team, working with highly skilled physicists on the next generation of computing technology.
This expanding and well-funded start-up company on the outskirts of Reading is a close-knit collaborative team. They encourage all employees to expand their skillset and take on new responsibilities, giving them plenty of opportunities to grow their careers. The company has a flat structure and is supportive of cultural diversity.
The senior FPGA engineer will always be involved in interesting work, and will be responsible for all aspects of the firmware design process, from requirements capture to testing. They must have excellent skills in FPGA design and a broad understanding of electronics. They will be encouraged to contribute their vision to the future strategy for the architecture used by the company, working with strategic technology partners to advance designs, as well as playing an important role shaping the plans of the team and mentoring junior team members.
The following skills and experience are required:
- A good degree (2:1 or higher) in electronical engineering or a similar subject
- Evidence of significant FPGA design and development experience to industry standards, including RTL design and verification, preferably using Verilog
- Comfortable designing, architecting and implementing DSP systems for FPGAs, and skilled in the use of common FPGA design tools
- Good communication skills including conscientiously and clearly documenting design ideas, specifications and test results
Other desirable skills include:
- Low latency design for FPGAs used in high frequency digital systems such as 5G or satellite communications
- Schematic design and PCB layout skills
Keywords: Senior Electronics Engineer, FPGA, Verilog, low latency design, RTL design, DSP, architecting, implementation, firmware
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.