Senior Embedded C++ Engineer (25918)
This company are industry leaders with a family of successful of consumer devices that delight their customers. They are continuing to evolve their product line to bring ever-greater capabilities to market, and are seeking a skilled embedded C++ developer to join their team
Working closely with product development and colleagues from a range of technical backgrounds, you would contribute to the development of core features including graphics for their range of products. You would design and deliver new functionality and APIs, integrate third-party codebases, and investigate and resolve any emerging issues.
You will need:
- A 1st or 2.1 in Computer Science, Electronics or similar from a well-respected university.
- A proven track record of designing and implementing embedded software.
- Strong programming skills in C++ and Embedded Linux including kernel space development, tools, and libraries.
- A good understanding of memory management, threading, API design.
- Full existing right to work in the UK without restriction, time limit, or sponsorship.
Knowledge of Boost, PlayReady, ALSA, DIAL, OpenGL and DirectFB, or knowledge of streaming media codecs would be useful but not essential.
The company culture values individual contributions and ideas, and provides engineers with a high degree of ownership and direction of their work. It’s a fast-growing and successful company, based in modern offices in Cambridge. They offer a highly competitive salary and excellent benefits package with scope for remote work for up to two days a week.
Keywords: Embedded, Linux, C++, Graphics, OpenGL, Linux Kernel, Cambridge
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.