Front-End Developer (25929)
A Front-End Developer is sought to use modern technologies to produce data visualisation web tools based on interactive user experiences.
Our client designs and builds tools to process and assess psychometric / behavioural data for public, business, education and health sectors. The Front-End Developer will play a key role in making the designs for their tools come to life across multiple scalable platforms and a creative flair as well as the mindset to embrace new technologies will be required.
The Front End Developer will be working in a small, multi-discipline team and will be responsible for designing visual elements for: websites, mobile apps (iOS / Android), online applications and marketing materials. They will be happy using graphics software for mock-ups and discussions and be open to a collaborative approach. The ability to embrace AWS, Docker Containers and other new software innovations will be important. They will also be responsible for designing automated testing for front-end code.
In return, our client offers a competitive salary, an enviable pension scheme, remote working up to two days a week and a supportive atmosphere in which to grow your career.
The following skills and experience will be required:
- A good degree in a STEM subject from a well-respected university and a sound knowledge of the principles of object-orientated programming, coupled with evidence of developing front-end applications and user interfaces in a professional working environment
- Ability to write semantic HTML5 mark-up and output CSS3 with SASS/LESS pre-processors
- Good understanding of AWS, continuous integration and scalability
- Comfort using build tools and revision control tools such as Git
Additional skills that will support your application:
- A good understanding of mobile application development (iOS / Android)
- Exposure to Docker containers
- Familiarity of RESTful APIs, JWT authentication
Full rights to work in the UK without time limit or sponsorship will also be required to be considered for this position.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.