Consultant Materials Scientist, Soft Matter (25930)
This medium-sized technology consultancy seeks a well-rounded Consultant Materials Scientist who enjoys working at the concept stage of product development. Typical projects are for blue-chip clients in consumer goods, healthcare and food technologies, working to devise new insights and solutions to clients’ innovation challenges. The work takes a truly multidisciplinary approach, using science and engineering principles to create new ideas.
Specifically, this Consultant Materials Scientist role would suit a technical specialist with commercial experience in soft matter and materials, as well as a strong foundation in physics and/or chemistry.
Alongside a deeply technical ability, the successful candidate will enjoy working with a multidisciplinary team, creating new insights to guide clients’ innovation strategies. In addition, they will work closely with clients to craft responses to their business needs.
- Top quality education including degree (and potentially a PhD) from a highly-ranked world-class university;
- Highly-tuned knowledge of materials and soft matter (e.g. polymers, coatings, gel formations, sludges); in addition a good knowledge of chemistry and/or physics;
- Evidence of responding to a real-world challenge with novel ideas within the commercial sector;
- Excellent communication skills; able to create a lasting relationship with clients using technical expertise;
- Wanting a role which presents diverse problems to solve that feed your curiosity and creative intellect.
In return, the company provide a rewarding team environment with diverse projects. Although the team are currently working from home, their collaborative environment is important and they will return to their central Cambridge office when it is safe to do so.
Keywords: Soft matter, sludges, material science, chemistry, life science, consultancy, Cambridge.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.