Senior / Software Developer (25937)
This is a role for a server-side developer who is looking to start, or grow, their experience in the cloud.
A "household name" in a specific engineering field, this forward-looking company are ahead of the competition, modernising accessible tools for engineers around the world. This role is to join their new Cambridge R&D office, with friendly colleagues and competitive pay.
Your concise CV will show that you:
- Are a capable software developer with experience developing modular server-side or "back end" software components
- Like working in modern high-level languages (perhaps but not necessarily C#, Python, Java, ...) and are happy to learn new ones
- Have some experience using containers / Docker for development
- Understand stateful vs stateless components, and how you might build them
- Are a good problem solver; you've previously considered problems either around performance, reliability, scalability, or even usability
- Are familiar with the basics of the modern web (HTTP requests, web APIs)
- Most likely have a good technical degree from a reputable university
- Have full existing UK work permission without time limit, restriction, or sponsorship
You do not need:
- To be a full stack developer
- To be a world-leading expert in a specific language
- To have an encyclopaedic knowledge of the cloud
- A PhD (though PhDs are as welcome as graduates)
If you know any one of the following, that's great, but this isn't a list of requirements, just a bonus – so please do apply without them! – C#, .NET Core, Python, AWS, Closure or other FP, Kubernetes, message queues, workers, databases, ORM (e.g. EF Core).
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.