Technology Specialist - Smart Home Applications (25945)
Based in Cambridge, this R&D Centre is one of several groups that are part of a global network of innovation teams for this European headquartered company. In this small (but growing) multidisciplinary team, they are recruiting for a new Technology Specialist to join them. The group explore technologies and drive forward innovative product concepts which build on the growing portfolio of connected and smart home products.
Key activities would include: horizon-scanning, online research, and attendance of events related to smart home technologies (including sensors, wireless communications, robotics, computer vision, data analytics and machine learning); developing proof of concept prototypes; liaising with UK companies and universities to develop collaborative partnerships; and explore feasibility projects.
- 2.1 or above in electronics engineering (or similar) ideally to Masters level.
- a PhD or equivalent industry experience in engineering research involving product or technology R&D for a smart home related technology.
- experience with microcontroller based prototyping using Arduino or Raspberry Pi development platforms.
- experience with Python or C (general software skills).
- excellent communications skills ideally demonstrated through collaborations or group networking.
- a broad passion for technology and innovation.
This is not your usual engineering role, and requires interested candidates to be adaptable and keen to work on cutting edge / emerging technology areas. Projects may not fall-into-your-lap, and it is expected you would be pro-active and keen to seek out interesting technologies. In return, you will be part of a network of innovation, and contribute to projects on products-for-tomorrow.
Keywords: Creative Invention Ideas, Electronics, Sensors, Machine Learning, Smart Home Applications, Prototyping, Collaborations, R&D, Innovations, IoT
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.