Principal Software Engineer, Team Lead (25947)
This successful and financially secure company is looking for a progressive-thinking Lead Software Engineer to bring expertise in software development and assume responsibility for their team developing complex solvers for numerical physics. The core code is written in C++11 with Python wrappers.
The Lead Software Engineer will bring a proven track record in code design, performance optimisation and best practice within a complex scientific application area. This is a senior role, leading a team of talented software engineers whilst also bringing expertise in hands-on software development.
- Degree in Computer Science, Physics, Maths or similar from a well-ranked university with significant industry experience
- Demonstrable experience in software design for distributed high-performance computing platforms, particularly in a physics-based area
- Excellent C++ is a must – there will be hands-on development work
- Experience in developing high quality software and enthusiasm for continual improvement
- Evidence of a collaborative team-focused approach to leading and managing colleagues
This company offers a friendly working environment near Oxford. There is an excellent salary and benefits package on offer with flexibility around working hours, share options and free lunches.
Keywords: C++, Python, Physics, Team Lead, Software Project Management, Parallel Computing, Distributed Systems, HPC, PhD, Oxford
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.