Data Scientist (25948)
This role brings a superb opportunity to apply your expertise in Data Science and Machine Learning to optimisation and modelling within a deep physics application. This is a new team where you will contribute to addressing novel physics challenges, using Data Science and Machine Learning techniques.
To contribute successfully to this highly motivated team, you will have the following attributes:
- PhD level physics, maths, engineering or computer science together with a good first degree from a top-ranked world-class university
- Broad experience of Data Science research and using Machine Learning technologies within a physics or simulation environment
- Good Python experience, ideally with additional knowledge of C++, R, Julia
- Specific knowledge within one of these areas: Optimisation, Inference or Neural Networks
- Knowledge of physics and the desire to work in a physics-orientated environment
- Enthusiasm and desire to work in a dynamic real-world team environment
- Excellent communication skills with evidence of taking the initiative
This dynamic company is well-funded and offers a friendly working environment close to Oxford. In return, you will receive a competitive salary with excellent benefits and work with a talented team of physicists and engineers on cutting-edge development.
This role is subject to vetting procedures similar to security clearance.
Keywords: Machine Learning, Data Science, Physics, Simulation, Optimisation, Inference, Regression, Neural Networks, Uncertainty Quantification, PhD, Oxford.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.