Technology Researcher, Physics (25951)
This highly regarded, innovative company specialises in the development of electronic and software solutions for a growing number of high technology clients worldwide. This is a new role for a Physicist to join the team and research the technologies involved in potentially patentable innovations. This is a novel, technical and potentially exciting role, researching new areas to improve 3D printing and graphics reproduction, such as vision systems and acoustic analysis. Your contribution will be key in directing and performing research to keep the client’s future products at pole position in the market.
The requirements are: -
- A good degree (1st or 2.1 from a world-class university) in physics or engineering with A grades at physics and maths A levels; a relevant PhD is also of interest
- Some hands-on experience in experimental design for instrumentation and / or control systems (this could be within industrial or PhD research)
- Broad understanding of analogue and digital design principles, optics, embedded software and mechanics
- Critical analysis of novel ideas for research and development
- Ability to work within a small design team, displaying a collaborative and confident approach to work
This is an excellent opportunity to work on technically challenging projects. Along with a competitive salary, the company offers an excellent benefits package.
Keywords: Physics, Electronics, Firmware, Python, MATLAB, C#, C++, Optics, Control Systems, Cambridge.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.