Software Engineer in Test (25976)
Based at their labs and offices in Cambridge, this scientific tech company is developing a multidisciplinary engineering platform for biopharmaceutical discovery. They are expanding on multiple fronts, including their software engineering team. They currently are looking to recruit a Software Engineer in Test to take a leading role in developing software solutions test plans and expanding their automated test coverage for software-hardware systems, as well as integrating manual testing within an Agile software process.
- Degree qualified in computer science, maths, physics, engineering or similar.
- Demonstrable industry experience including lead roles on significant complex projects.
- Thorough understanding of C#.NET and OOP methodologies (ideally including WPF).
- Experience with Jenkins to schedule and manage test runs.
- Windows experience including use of virtualisation tools and maintaining virtual Windows test environments.
- Good communication skills and appreciation of how to integrate test principles within a broader engineering project.
This role will interface with the engineering team as well as science teams, so a broad interest in science and technology is expected. On offer is a competitive salary with benefits. Flexible working is possible (with the expectation to be in the Cambridge offices at least twice a week).
Keywords: TDD, C#.NET, Scientific Computing, Automated / Manual Testing, OOP, Agile
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.