Experimental Physicist - Optics and Instrumentation (25978)
This is a great position for a “hands-on”, practical physicist who would enjoy getting to grips with the development of instrumentation for the life sciences sector. It's with a vibrant team of skilled engineers, who are building the next generation of analytical equipment to aid in the rapid diagnosis of cancer and assist in other biotherapies.
You will be an enthusiastic experimentalist, who enjoys working in multidisciplinary teams. The initial work will target the improvement, control and automation of optical measurement systems, so an attention to detail will be imperative. You will also enjoy designing, building and testing prototypes to allow state-of-the-art innovations to be brought to production, and experience with MEMS and microfabrication will be particularly useful.
To qualify for this role, you must have:
- PhD or a good degree in physics from a well-respected university
- A strong and broad base of general knowledge of physics with a speciality in optics, combined with a flair for effective experimentation and development
- Familiarity with using a variety of laboratory instrumentation
- Skills in data analysis
Experience in the following would also help your application:
- Design, set-up and test of experimental optical rigs, incorporating electronics and software for control purposes
- Mechanical or fluidic simulations
- Familiarity with microfabrication and MEMs devices, including: designing, building and testing
You will also need full rights to work in the UK without time limit or sponsorship.
The company has good, established backers and offers an excellent benefits package, including share options.
Keywords: Physics, optics, prototyping, MEMS, microfabrication, instrumentation, automation, measurement systems, medical devices
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.