Senior Embedded Engineer - Browser/OS (25980)
This international company has developed a successful ecosystem of informative and entertaining technology. Due to their continued growth and technology development, they are now seeking an Embedded Developer with interest in working on operating systems and browser technology.
You would be joining a talented and friendly team; initially using your expertise to improve the responsiveness and robustness of the system, you would move on to developing new features and enhancements.
You will need:
- A 1st or 2.1 degree in a relevant STEM subject such as Computer Science or Electronics from a good university
- Knowledge of software performance measurement techniques and code optimisation
- Strong coding skills in modern C++, embedded software development, and Linux.
- An interest in working on the host OS, and on web browser technology, for example Chromium, Gecko or WebKit
- Full existing right to work in the UK without restriction, time limit or sponsorship.
The company is based in pleasant, modern offices located in Cambridge with remote working during the pandemic. They offer a highly competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, and a culture where innovation and ownership of your work are encouraged.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Keywords: Senior Software Engineer, Consumer Electronics, Linux, Embedded, C++, Code Optimisation, Web browser, Chromium, WebKit, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.