Product Development Engineer (25984)
Creative mechanical engineers with product development skills are sought to innovate instrumentation for the drug delivery market. This position offers mechanical engineers the opportunity to further advance their already established skills in fluid mechanics and product development by designing, prototyping, testing and transferring new laboratory instrumentation technology through to production.
As the Product Development Engineer, it will be your responsibility to gather the requirements from customers and for creating the initial protypes, ensuring the best and most assured path to successful manufacture is taken. With the ability to get the most out of working in multi-discipline teams of high calibre engineers, you will be able to assess data and feedback from the teams and clients to produce the next advancement in the design. Working closely with clients, you will follow the product through to the early stages of manufacturing, enabling product and production support.
This is a role that will involve creativity and engineering know-how, as well as excellent communication skills and will be rewarded with increasing responsibility and leadership opportunities, as well as a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
You will need the following skills and attributes for this role:
- An in-depth knowledge of materials, mathematics, mechanics, structures, and fluid mechanics, backed-up by a good degree (2:1 or above) in Mechanical Engineering or similar subject from a well-respected university.
- Good, demonstrable experience in a commercial product development environment and a clear understanding of the product development process (NPD and NPI)
- SolidWorks CAD (or similar)
- Practical mechanical engineering skills, including basic workshop proficiency and good technical problem-solving skills
- The ability to quickly create prototypes of ideas and concepts
- Project management skills
- An understanding of mechatronic automation
Full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship will also be required, as our client is unable to provide sponsorship.
Keywords: Product development, mechanical engineer, prototyping, instrumentation, fluid mechanics, South Cambridgeshire, CAD, NPD, NPI
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.