Senior Bioinformatics Scientist (25997)
This leading company are piloting next generation techniques for medical research. They are seeking a senior bioinformatics scientist to join their team. Remote working is available several days a week; remaining days will be spent in their well-equipped Oxford offices / laboratories.
Your role will include developing/refining approaches to DNA analysis with NGS data, developing processing pipelines, collaborating on assay and experiment design, reviewing and producing literature / documentation.
Key qualifications include:
- A PhD in Bioinformatics, statistical genetics or a related discipline, or equivalent relevant commercial experience. In addition all candidates will have a good scientific/technical degree and strong A-level grades.
- Prior experience/studies of bioinformatics and working with NGS data
- Proficient Python coding ability
- A good understand of NGS and clinical genomics' standards, data sources and tool chains.
- The ability to conduct independent research, as well as to collaborate with fellow scientists.
Any additional experience of cloud services, modern software methods (CI/CD, source control, etc.) and/or diagnostic product development is beneficial. Relevant peer reviewed publications are a further asset.
Full UK work permission is required without time limit, restriction or sponsorship.
Keywords: bioinformatics, informatics, NGS, life sciences, DNA analysis, Python, clinical genomics, Oxford
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.