Senior Software Engineer, Firmware (26000)
Our client is a pioneer in their field and they continue to develop new products for the consumer market which maintains their leading position. They are currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer demonstrating C++ and C development experience in a Linux environment. As a developer working with this collaborative firmware team, you will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and relish getting stuck into gritty problem solving.
The successful Senior Software Engineer will have detailed experience with Linux networking and bringing up wi-fi on new platforms. Their CV will show the following skills and attributes:-
- Extensive programming experience with C++ and C
- Expertise in a wireless technology such as Bluetooth, WiFi, 3G, 4G, 5G
- Ability to work in both user and kernel space
- Robust knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Proven track record of success with embedded system development projects
- Ability to accurately estimate software tasks and work to schedule
- Good degree in a relevant STEM subject
- Full existing right to work in the UK without restriction, time limit or sponsorship
This is a great role for a senior professional who enjoys a high-level of visibility or for someone looking to take that next step up in their career. The company provides a stimulating working environment as well as excellent rewards. During current Covid restrictions the team is working remotely; in the longer term there will be some flexibility to working patterns (with easy access to the Cambridge office a must).
Keywords: Linux, wireless, TCP/IP networking protocols, C++ / C, embedded, senior
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.