Software Engineer - Full Stack and Cloud (26011)
An opportunity to join a friendly a company that is tearing-up the rule book on how things are designed, prototyped and manufactured.
They seek enthusiastic full-stack software engineers with a broad set of interests and exposure to open-source development incorporating cloud services. They prefer to use React and TypeScript for their front-end work and the back-end would encompass databases and connecting to hardware in order to produce finished products. This role is suitable for engineers who may have previously focussed on front-end work but are now ready to broaden their knowledge to incorporate more back-end skills, or vice versa. They will also test their clear and documented code as an essential part of the development process.
This position is open to software engineers used to coding in a variety of languages, but good knowledge of at least two major object-orientated languages is a minimum requirement. Important characteristics for this role are talent, curiosity and willingness to learn new skills.
In return, our client offers excellent opportunities for career development as well as flexible working. The main office is based in Cambridge but if you prefer to work from home, visiting the office only occasionally, then that is a real possibility.
Essentials for this role include:
- A good degree in a STEM subject from a well-respected university
- Evidence of developing open-source or academic software utilising cloud services
- Skilled in at least two major object-orientated languages, such as C++ or C#
- The ability to develop software using a variety of different technologies, including: React, TypeScript, OpenGL, WebGL, C#, or Microsoft development tools
- Skilled in writing testable, resilient, documented code, including integration testing
- Full existing right to work in the UK without time limit, restriction, or sponsorship
Keywords: Open-source, React, Typescript, Full-Stack, Remote, OpenGL, WebGL, Front-End, Back-End, Cambridge, Cloud Services, AWS, Azure, GCP
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.