Embedded Software Engineer - Medical (26015)
We are seeking a skilled Embedded Software Engineer to join a multidisciplinary Cambridge-based team developing technologies and systems for a broad array of healthcare-related applications. As such, it affords the opportunity not only to work on a range of exciting projects, but to directly improve quality of life for patients, with your involvement in all stages from initial discussions through to transition to production.
The successful candidate will be adaptable and able to turn their hand to a variety of challenges from prototyping to handover to production and dialog with clients. Due to the nature of the projects, high software quality and conformance to industry standards is essential, so a knowledge of working in similar industries will be necessary.
You will need:
- A 1st or 2:1 degree in Electronics, Computing, or similarly applicable subject from a well-ranked university.
- Proven ability to develop high quality real-time embedded software in C or C++ within a regulated industry such as healthcare.
- A working knowledge of electronics and the use of common diagnostic equipment.
- Good understanding of embedded operating systems, hardware control, communication protocols, and working with common MCUs.
- Full existing right to work in the UK without restriction, time limit, or sponsorship.
The company is a leading light within the Cambridge tech community. With modern offices located in a countryside setting, their culture is entrepreneurial and collaborative. The role features a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Keywords: Embedded Software, C, C++, Healthcare, Medical, Control Systems, Client Facing, South Cambs
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.